MCL Consulting provides experienced fundraising counsel to non-profit organizations that need assistance in enhancing their development programs. We work in partnership with our clients in a practical, cost-effective manner.
All projects are directed by Mary C. Lizzul, who has over twenty-give years of successful development management and implementation experience. As needed, we work with strategic partners to help provide clients with a full range of fundraising services tailored to meet an organization's unique goals and challenges.
- Conduct development assessments to help determine the strengths and weaknesses of your organization and how you should structure your development or advancement programs.
- Provide program evaluation and strategic planning for your overall fundraising program – including annual giving, major gifts, planned giving, foundation and corporate relations, and special events.
- Provide short-term on-site development or campaign counsel to help you during staff transitions or during campaigns.
- Conduct campaign feasibility or planning studies, which include a unique collaboration with Jan Grieff Research Associates to help identify your top potential major donors for the campaign.
- Plan and implement multi-year campaigns or special fundraising initiatives.
- Train staff, Board members and volunteers on how to identify, cultivate and solicit potential donors.
- Craft development materials including case statements, annual reports, and letters. (We typically refer you to associates to produce those materials.)
- Provide foundation research and proposal writing.
- Provide strategic fundraising counsel on a periodic or interim basis.
We follow the professional and ethical standards of the Association of Fundraising Professionals, the Council for the Advancement & Support of Education and the Partnership for Philanthropic Planning. We are registered as fundraising counsel with the Pennsylvania Department of State, Bureau of Charitable Organizations; the New Jersey Office of Charities Registration; and the Kentucky Office of the Attorney General Consumer Protection Division.